According to KCNA, the North Korean News Agency, “The Seventh Congress of the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) opened here with splendor Friday. Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the WPK, was present there.
The congress was attended by delegates with the right to vote and speak elected at the provincial party conferences and officials of party, armed forces and power organs, economic organs, working people’s organizations and those in the fields of science, education, public health, literature and arts and media nominated at the provincial party conferences as observers. The congress heard congratulatory messages to Kim Jong Un from the Central Standing Committee of the General Association of Korean Residents in Japan and the General Association of Koreans in China and silk banners were presented.
The congress approved the following agenda items:
– Review of the work of the C.C., the WPK.
– Review of the work of the Central Audit Commission of the WPK.
– On revising the Rules of the WPK.
– On electing Kim Jong Un to the top post of the WPK.
– Election to the central leadership organ of the WPK.
– The congress started the discussion on the first agenda item.
Meanwhile, according to DailyNK.com, “North Koreans across the country have been ordered to stand by to watch a special broadcast on the 7th Party Congress”